Saturday, July 16, 2011

NEW IDEAS

I have some new ideas about training in mind. One idea I have considered is Cross Fit. Because I blend it with the MMA training I want to go through. It would make it easier to transition to MMA as well, because the training is so similar.

MMA weight training involves circuits, Cross Fit is no different Any kind of training can be a circuit routine. But MMA is intensive on the physical aspects. It's a sport that is misunderstood in a lot of ways. MMA involves martial arts, wrestling, street fighting and various leg and joint locks and submission holds (better known as SHOOTFIGHTING in Japan).

I work out 3 or 4 days a week currently. I weigh 158 lbs. I am looking at cutting some weight and regaining that weight in muscle. Caloric restriction is a bad idea, it would make me sick and I probably wouldn't be able to function. So I maintain a 2,400 to 3,000 calorie a day intake. I try to match my weight in protien and that's difficult. Double is what people have told me to gain muscle. But I want the athletic build that has functional strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment